In this tutorial, I’m going to show you how to create Bokeh Photography in a really easy way. The bokeh effect is simply an extreme shallow depth of field (blurry background) with circular or sometimes hexagonal beams of light in it. So, all you need for bokeh photography is to create a shallow depth of field and have beams of light in the background.
I’ll show you how to create the bokeh effect with your normal DSLR camera, kit lens, trees and sunlight. Just watch the video, follow the steps below, get out there and create bokeh!
1. Go to an area where there are trees in the day light.
2. Put your camera on its Aperture Priority mode and set it to its widest aperture.
3. Put your ISO on Auto.
4. Zoom fully in with your standard zoom lens (or use an 85mm prime lens if you have one).
5. Use a tripod and your 2 second timer if the shutter speed goes below 1/125th of a second.
6. Hide the sun behind branches or leaves so you don’t get silhouettes.
7. Make your focus point as close to lens as possible.
8. Have light beams in the background, this will be all the little gaps in the trees.
9. Then experiment.
I’d love to see your attempts at this. If you want to show us, tag us on Facebook or Instagram @theschoolofphotography1. Make sure the post is public on FB so we can see it.
I hope you liked this tutorial. If you did please like it, share with your friends and subscribe to the channel for more.
We upload new tutorials every week and if there’s anything you want us to cover here at The School of Photography put it in the comments below, it gives us great ideas for new tutorials.
Subscribe to our channel here goo.gl/oZ41ZK
Check out our Complete Guide to Photography Book here - bit.ly/2KZDw2U
Take your photography to the next level in our Online Courses here - bit.ly/3aVaoUM
Grab a Freebie:
Get our Free eBook for learners of photography here - bit.ly/2DwNS4c
Get 15 Free Lightroom Presets - goo.gl/xvTPT7
Get the Best Music for your YouTube videos and other projects. Try for free here - share.epidemicsound.com/wBdh6
Create a photography website with Squarespace. Try it for free here squarespace.syuh.net/TSOP
Get weekly tutorials delivered straight to your inbox, sign up at theschoolofphotography.com
And join our learning community on social media-
Facebook ► facebook.com/theschoolofphotography1
Instagram ► instagram.com/theschoolofphotography1
Twitter ► twitter.com/SchoolofPhot0
Pinterest ► uk.pinterest.com/TSOPhotography
Follow my personal photography work here:
Facebook ► facebook.com/marcnewton
Instagram ► instagram.com/marcnewton
Thanks for watching and remember – Learn more at The School of Photography.